Promotion for talented and gifted children - PTG
The regular lessons are supplemented with various offers. Pupils with special talents and interests receive additional support in various areas.
- Preparatory courses and guided learning labs offer pupils the opportunity to prepare specifically for the entrance examination to a grammar school or vocational school.
- For the third school year, the pupils choose some of their subjects themselves. Depending on their career aspirations and personal interests, they choose electives from the subject areas STEM, languages, technical/textile/creative design and home economics
- Elective subjects allow pupils to further develop their cognitive, musical, creative or sporting talents. Language courses in English (PET, First for Schools, Advanced English Learners) and in French (DELF) are available as well as active participation in bands.
- Sek eins Höfe helps young people choose a profession. The career choice process runs for a period of three years. In the first year, the focus is on self-discovery. In the second year, the pupils create their career choice portfolio, get to know the various occupational fields and gain their first experience of the working world in trial apprenticeships. With various activities, for example the event "berufliche Werdegänge" (career planning) or practising job interviews, the young people prepare for the application process, which begins towards the end of the second school year. Career counsellors from the Career Information Service (BIZ) in Pfäffikon are happy to support the young people in finding a career.
- The daily routines and structures offer pupils the opportunity to engage in sports, creative or musical activities during the lunch break. Supervised study at lunchtime and after school can be used for learning and for completing homework and other school assignments.
In addition to subject-related skills, social, personal and emotional competences should also be promoted. "Ich bi parat!" (I'm ready!) – the educational concept of Sek eins Höfe - forms the basis or guidelines for this.