Parent Council Weid, Pfäffikon
The Parent Council promotes and strengthens cooperation and communication between home and school.
"It is better to build bridges than walls."
If you would like to attend a Parent Council meeting without obligation, you are very welcome to do so. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kessler Mario, Präsident
Binda Patrick, Vizepräsident
Representation of the school: Stirnemann Fabienne (Weid Deputy School Headteacher)
The Parent Council is looking forward to welcoming new members in the current school year. Interested parents should please contact the chair. Many thanks.
What is the purpose of a Parent Council?
- Improved dialogue between parents and the school
- Parental Involvement
- Flow of information
- Changes in society require different structures (problems with violence, addictive behaviour, etc.)
The goals of parental involvement
- To build up good dialogue
- To create trust
- To establish common values
- To promote integration
- To share responsibility
Projects of the Parent Council
- Practising telephone conversations (career choice)
- Practising job interviews
- Career planning
- Presentations for parents
- Evening school (assistance)
Opportunities for parent participation
- Suggestions (gather opinions, communicate results)
- Open letterbox at the headmaster's office (feedback, suggestions on the running of the school as a whole)
- School quality evaluation (parent survey)
- Mentor projects / lessons
- Parents' meeting
- Career choice support
- Playground design
- School route
- School lunches
- Organising parties
Parental involvement needs clear rules: Sek eins Höfe Parent Council guidelines